Fine wine meets great tasting food on this fabulous walking tour through gorgeous Murphys.
Aptly named “Queen of the Sierra”, and one of Sunset magazine's Top Ten Coolest Small Towns, Murphys is a superb destination for fine dining and wine tasting. Discover the best of both worlds as you stroll along 1800's-era Italian brick and stone buildings where talented chefs and vintners now produce their mouth-watering dishes and award-winning vintages.
On this unforgettable 3.5 hour tour, you'll enjoy nine stops at Murphys' best restaurants and shops, and savor unique dishes made from fresh, locally-sourced produce. Taste award winning, locally-made wines and go behind the scenes with the chefs, owners and winemakers while learning about the unique terroir and climate that puts Murphys' wines in a class of their own.
You'll get the inside story about the area's rough-and-tumble past and hear how the Murphy family pioneered the first wagon trail into California to make Murphys the prosperous town it is today. This is an adventure for the mind and the palate - an unforgettable experience for every food and wine connoisseur!
Indulge your inner connoisseur while gaining a whole new perspective on Murphys rich and diverse culinary history. This is a 3.5 hour experience that's full to the brim with anecdotes, culture and great tasting cuisine. In the company of an expert guide, you'll discover the area's best kept secrets and discover a whole new side to Murphys you never knew existed.
Upcoming 2015 dates (11am):
Nov 13th, 14th, 20th & 21st
Dec 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th & 18th
Tastings enjoyed on this tour may vary from trip to trip, however a typical itinerary may include:
- House made crab cakes with sweet Thai chili sauce & our fresh fruit salsa
- Organic potato, herb and cheese focaccia round
- Meso ispod saca lamb meatballs served over pearled couscous
- Anchovy stuffed deep fried green olives
- Mushroom artichoke deep dish pizza with alfredo sauce, pesto and three cheeses with local IPA beer tasting
- Handmade and locally produced English Toffee
- Gourmet sea salt tasting:Himalayan Pink Salt,Red Pepper Bacon Sea Salt, Espresso Bravo Sea Salt and Vintage Merlot Sea Salt
- Cashew banana gelato with goats milk caramel sauce
- Cabernet Sauvignon tasting