Sit back and relax with some of the city's top chefs as you sample their signature dishes at their very own table! On this dinner date with a difference, you'll not only meet the talented chefs blazing a trail on Greenville's culinary scene, you'll also sample their award-winning creations and enjoy a behind-the-scenes restaurant tour.
Greenville's dynamic 21st century dining scene has captured the attention of America's dedicated foodies and top chefs. From eclectic ethnic eateries to the gastronomic genius of the city's most talented chefs, Greenville's burgeoning restaurant culture has put the city well and truly on the country's culinary map.
This tour takes you to five of the city's most renowned kitchens including The Loft at Soby's, the Lazy Goat, Devereux's Restaurant and Nose Dive. In addition to tasting delicious cuisine, you'll also learn fascinating insights into Greenville's rich history from local author and historian, John M. Nolan.
A foodie's dream come true, this dining experience with a difference showcases Greenville's restaurant scene from a deliciously new perspective.
Every tour offers a combination of eating, socializing, learning about foods and ingredients as well as their preparation. Special access to behind-the-scenes areas and sightseeing are also part of the fun.
Restaurants will all be within a 1/4 mile total radius. This is a part walking tour and you will learn about the rich history of Greenville as part of your experience.
This tour is an exciting dining and cultural experience that will take you to five distinctive destinations—each with the opportunity to meet the chefs and dine at their tables. A typical itinerary on the day may include:
- The first stop will bring you to one of downtown's best delis and catering hubs, Soby's on the Side (Saturday tours) or another great restaurant for a chef's cooking demo (Tuesday's tours). Here your own personal chef will create and serve the first culinary creation while you learn about the historic building and surroundings.
- A visit to Nose Dive-a hip but casual joint serving up scratch-made comfort food from around the world--will leave you wanting to return later for their candied bacon brownie for a late-night snack.
- You’ll cross the Big Pond on a culinary journey to the Mediterranean at The Lazy Goat where more special touches and fine food await.
- Soby’s New South Cuisine will bring you back to the roots of Greenville’s restaurant boom and will introduce its explorations of taste with Southern dishes with a fresh twist.
- Finally, a special private dining room at Devereaux’s Restaurant will distract only long enough until a signature dish is served after seeing the elegant spaces, meeting the chef, and hearing the stories of one of Greenville’s finest.