Enjoy an intimate guided food tour of the world famous Pike Place Market on a culinary voyage of discovery to remember. On this unique tasting adventure, you'll explore the back alleys, narrow corridors, and tiny storefronts in search of the distinct and eclectic eateries that give the market its unique culinary character.
Taste the best the market has to offer in the company of a friendly local guide, ready to share with you the entertaining stories of the market's checkered history, it's legendary characters and one-of-a-kind small businesses.
Savor delicious fresh teas with tea experts and enjoy a hand picked selection of cheeses and meats at a speciality Italian foodie destination. Taste the finest gelato in Seattle before feasting on a freshly baked crumpet that will literally melt in your mouth. Taste America's best clam chowder followed by smoked salmon that will linger in the memory as well as on the taste buds. From truffle oil to home-made soup, rotisserie meats to the most authentic Italian cuisine outside of Italy, this culinary tour really does have it all!
Bring your appetite and a sense of culinary adventure as you get ready to discover Pike Place Market from a tantalizing new perspective!
Indulge your inner connoisseur while gaining a whole new perspective on Pike Place Market. This is a 2.5 hour experience that’s full to the brim with anecdotes and great tasting cuisine. In the company of an expert guide, you’ll discover the market’s best kept secrets.
Tours take place on a daily basis at 12pm
You’ll enjoy 8 different tasting stops showcasing the diversity and tastes of the market:
- Vital Tea Leaf: You’ll learn about the many varieties of tea while tasting 4-5 different blends. The staff are well-informed and happy to share their knowledge of tea.
- DeLaurenti Specialty: A foodie destination for over 65 years, this Mediterranean grocery features a variety of hand-selected cheeses, prosciuttos, local artisan salami, as well as the best Italian wine selection in Seattle. You’ll try local salami and artisanal cheese
- Bottega Italiana: Conceived by three homesick Italians, Bottega Italiana is regarded as the best gelato shop in the city. Using seasonal fruits, and never any corn syrup or artificial colors their authentic gelati produces pure flavor.
- The Crumpet Shop: Founded in 1976, this family business continues to make all their crumpets from scratch daily, using only organic ingredients. You will be hard pressed to find another shop like this one anywhere in the world!
- Pike Place Chowder: Voted the best New England Style Clam Chowder three years in a row at the prestigious Great Clam Chowder Cook Off in Newport, Rhode Island and later inducted to the Clam Chowder Hall of Fame (yes there is one). America’s best chowder is right here in Seattle
- Pure Food Fish Market: Since 1914, locals in the know have been buying their fish from the Amon family, Sol Amon who is often referred to as the “Cod Father” has been tending shop for over 56 years. His recipe for Alder-Smoked Salmon is incredible and that’s exactly what you’ll be tasting.
- La Buona Tavola: Try Italian delicacies at a shop that specializes in boutique fare including truffles, pate and great wine. On this tasting stop, you’ll try truffle oil and salt, potato leek soup and 10 year-old balsamic vinegar
- Seatown Restaurant: This is where you go to satisfy all the cravings you develop walking through the Pike Place Market. Seattle’s top restaurateur Tom Douglas is a huge fan and supporter of the Pike Place Market and Seatown may well be his culinary serenade. The restaurant sells fabulous local seafood and half rotisserie meats that are rubbed with love from Tom’s proprietary spice line. At this stop, you’ll be tasting the Chef's Selection