Enjoy an intimate guided food tour of the world famous Pike Place Market on a culinary voyage of discovery to remember. On this unique tasting adventure, you'll explore the back alleys, narrow corridors, and tiny storefronts in search of the distinct and eclectic eateries that give the market its unique culinary character.
Taste the best the market has to offer in the company of a friendly local guide, ready to share with you the entertaining stories of the market's checkered history, it's legendary characters and one-of-a-kind small businesses.
Savor delicious fresh teas with tea experts and enjoy a hand picked selection of cheeses and meats at a speciality Italian foodie destination. Taste the finest gelato in Seattle before feasting on a freshly baked crumpet that will literally melt in your mouth. Taste America's best clam chowder followed by smoked salmon that will linger in the memory as well as on the taste buds. From truffle oil to home-made soup, rotisserie meats to the most authentic Italian cuisine outside of Italy, this culinary tour really does have it all!
Bring your appetite and a sense of culinary adventure as you get ready to discover Pike Place Market from a tantalizing new perspective!
Indulge your inner connoisseur while gaining a whole new perspective on Pike Place Market. This is a 2.5 hour experience that's full to the brim with anecdotes and great tasting cuisine. In the company of an expert guide, you'll discover the market's best kept secrets.
You’ll enjoy 6 different tasting stops showcasing the diversity and tastes of the market:
- Saffron Spice: Taste the authentic flavors of India with this classic street food staple samosa.
- Ellenos Greek Yogurt & *Las Agaves: Traditional Greek yogurt made from locally sourced ingredients and a fast rising star in Seattle. Mexico city style street tacos prepared using third generation recipe.
- Pike Place Chowder & Pure Food Fish: Voted best chowder in America three times, and member of the Clam Chowder Hall of Fame. Pure Food Fish is home to fourth generation fishmongers and home of the best smoked salmon in the world.
- TThe Truffle Cafe & **Bavarian Meats: Prized by chefs around the world truffles have a distinctive flavor and smell you’ll never forget. Since 1961, Bavarian Meats has been hand-crafting over 50 types of German American sausages, wieners, cold cuts and smoked meats.
- Pike Place Chowder: Voted the best New England Style Clam Chowder three years in a row at the prestigious Great Clam Chowder Cook Off in Newport, Rhode Island and later inducted to the Clam Chowder Hall of Fame (yes there is one). America’s best chowder is right here in Seattle
- The Rub Shack: Tom Douglas is recipient of 3 James Beard Awards including Outstanding Restaurateur. This stop features a taste of his signature salmon burger.