An aerial demonstration of swiftness and agility.
Learn about the ancient sport of falconry and the role raptors play in our environment. This Falconry Experience is a half-day, hands-on encounter with trained Birds of Prey. Enjoy the majesty of the birds as they reach amazing speeds in an aerial demonstration of swiftness and agility. Then take the birds out into the surrounding countryside and experience first hand the the thrill of casting the hawks from the fist and calling them back.
- Includes custom meal and all supplies.
- This experience starts at 9am and concludes at 1:30pm
- You will be joined by between 1 and 8 participants.
- Please bring camera, sunscreen, water bottle.
- Wear sturdy shoes, and dress in layers.
This is a hands on encounter with a number of different birds of prey. In addition you will also learn about the history of falconry and the role of our raptors in their natural environments, as well as conservation. Transportation is available to the fields which are wheelchair accessible to some extent.
This experience is availalbe all year around, subject to weather conditions and the health of the birds. The course starts at 09:00 am and finishes at 01:30 pm.
- When you arrive at the center we start with some morning refreshment and introduce ourselves.
- After introductions, we take you to meet the birds and learn basic field etiquette.
- We walk out with our falcons into a nearby meadow and watch these stunning raptors in a lure flying demonstration.
- We return the falcons to their mew, eat brunch and enjoy plenty of time for socializing with falconers.
- Following brunch, it's time to glove up and take the hawks through forested hills to experience casting the hawks from the fist and calling them back.
- The walk is leisurely as you learn about the nature history of the birds and experience their agility and antics.